Growing Your Eye Care Practice
First of all, this site is meant to Focus on YOU!
OK, so that phrase may be a little bit overdone in our industry. But, I just couldn’t help it! Let’s start with the most important aspect of your practice… YOU.
It’s so easy to start panicking when your patient bookings are down. Believe me, I completely understand! When your appointment slots aren’t filled up a week or two in advance, you quickly (or, should I say frantically?!) start looking for ways to market your practice to get new patients through the door or to dust off your recall systems to encourage previous patients to return for their overdue routine eye exams.
Add to this: for years, vision care plans and corporate location discounts have reduced patient loyalty. We know this, we’ve accepted it, we complain about it, but it doesn’t mean we close our doors because of it! You know and I know that we can set ourselves apart and rise above it.
I’m here to help you grow your practice without creating growing pains for you, your staff, or your patients.
What does that mean?
- It means increasing your practice’s bottom line by helping you work more ON your practice than IN it. I learned this philosophy from reading The eMyth Revisited and instituted it in my own practice. You may have also heard this one: “It’s time to work SMARTER, not HARDER on your practice!” It’s so easy to feel like you’re on a treadmill of getting up, going to work, coming home, and crashing in front of the tv (or some other mindless distraction to help you decompress from the stress of the day!).
- It also means making it simple for you to implement changes that will increase the growth of your practice without breaking the bank… or your back… or even the confidence of your staff or patients. Often times when we, as eye doctors and business owners, attend another one of those practice seminars, the staff greets us with eyes rolling and thoughts of “great, here comes another idea we have to try that doesn’t work!”
- Finally, growing practices without growing pains means laying out the site’s information in a systematic, easy to follow and easy to find format. Just check out the blog for free articles or shop the online store for resources to help you grow your eye care practice. Check back often as the content continues to grow.
As for the actual information inside, you’ll get tons of ideas such as:
- how to attract new patients (in ways your competition has no idea are available),
- how to create raving fans of your new and current patients,
- how to reactivate and excite previous patients,
- how to implement automated systems that will keep your patients coming back for more while making it easier for you and your staff to provide the best quality eye care possible,
- how to work more ON your business than IN it and have you excited to go to work,
- and a whole lot more.
You will learn, reinforce, and/or be reminded about strategies and systems to become an “All Star player” in this game of owning a winning practice.
You’ll build your winning practice so that your patients and potential patients come to you because of YOU, not just because you happen to be on their insurance plans!
If they are current patients, they keep coming back because they like you, your practice, and how your staff treats them. Yes, you may be on their vision plan, but so are dozens of other eye care professionals in your area.
If they are potential patients looking for a new provider, they may have heard about you either through a referral from another satisfied patient or through some authentic marketing you’ve done – much more on this later. They may also be looking up providers on their insurance plans, then research you on the Internet and find raving reviews about you and your practice.
And, for those patients who just happen to come to your office because you’re on their insurance plan, what an opportunity to WOW them and turn them into returning patients and raving fans.
The famous saying “People do business with people they know, like, and trust” couldn’t be more important in today’s age of too much information and online marketing.
About Dr. Sandi Eveleth
Now a little about me!
My “Single Motivating Purpose” (or, why I get up every morning)
I get up every morning to share knowledge and solve problems in order to help others reach their greatest potential and fulfill their purpose, so that they may then enrich the lives of others.
I am an Optometrist and an Entrepreneur. I’ve been practicing Optometry for over 27 years in just about every setting possible — from owning a thriving private practice for more than 15 years to working inside corporate practices and working for exceptional Ophthalmologists.
My other entrepreneurial endeavors include owning a WordPress web design/Internet marketing/social media marketing firm, as well as a podcast and blogging site helping others network online and offline more effectively.
It has been my ultimate passion to consult with small to medium-sized practices and specialty businesses on how to market their companies online and offline effectively and efficiently to maximize their profits. I also love helping these practices and businesses streamline their processes and systems to stop wasting money and learn how to drastically increase profits.
Doctorate: Doctor of Optometry, New England College of Optometry, Class Valedictorian, Beta Sigma Kappa Honor Fraternity, Dr. Ralph H. Green Award for highest scholastic average in Physiologic Optics, Class of 1969 Scholarship Award for outstanding clinical performance, CIBA Vision Contact Lens Achievement Award
Undergraduate: B.S., Boston College (majored in Biology/Pre-Medicine)
Certifications: Certified Digital Business Consultant from WP Elevation.
Postgraduate Training Includes: Long-term vision care, specialty in computer vision syndrome, specialty contact lenses (including multifocals, orthokeratology, and scleral lenses), sports eye wear, dry eye syndrome, glaucoma treatment, diagnosis of eye disease, specialty contact lens fits and many others; WordPress web design, Dreamweaver HTML & CSS web design, WP Elevation Course, Internet Business Mastery Academy
Community Vision Care: Volunteer Optometric Service to Humanity (VOSH), Regular donations of eye wear to the Lyon’s Club, previous EyeStart program of giving away free eye exams and free eyewear in her private practice
Member: Previous winner of the Teal Heart Award presented by the SW Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners, American Optometric Association, Florida Optometric Association, Southwest Florida Optometric Association, WP Elevation community of WordPress Consultants, Rockstar Empires community of online course creators, Youpreneur.com community of individual branding consultants